Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Beauty of Weaknesses

A couple of days ago my sister, Heidi, posted a General Conference talk she had read for her Pathways class.  It is called The Atonement: All for All by Bruce C. Hafen.  I listened to it yesterday and have been thinking about something he said. 

"But growth means growing pains.  It also means learning from our mistakes in a continual process made possible by the Savior's grace, which He extends both during and after all we can do.  If you're seeing more of your weaknesses, that just might mean you are moving closer to God, not further away."

It gives more meaning and understanding to the statement at the end of Ether 12:27, "for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."


No comments: