Friday, February 3, 2017

Better than Before

Right now I am reading a book called "Better than Before" by Gretchen Rubin.  It has been very interesting!  Last night I read a chapter on the benefits of scheduling.  Especially for people, like me, who fall into Gretchen's Obliger category. And for people who tend to procrastinate, also like me.  I have to admit that scheduling this time to write has actually worked for me so far.  I am enjoying it.  I have to wonder if scheduling would work so beautifully if it were something I did not enjoy.  Like cleaning out the fridge. 

Gretchen talked about scheduling time for work, very specific work, as well as play.  Schedule your priorities, she says.  I found myself wondering how well scheduling works for those with small children.  Spencer is getting to the point where I probably can schedule some things and have that schedule work.  I know some people and even children do really well with schedules.  I have never been able to establish much of a schedule, especially when my kids are involved.  Am I too much of a push-over?  Just too nice?  Too undisciplined?  Probably all of those things.  I really dislike contention, and so I avoid it!  But maybe by avoiding it, I am creating more opportunities for contention.  Hmmmm. 

I didn't want to be quite so serious today.  My goal for tomorrow - write about things I would like to do if I had nothing else to worry or think about.  Just little things.

No comments: