Monday, February 6, 2017

Free Time

I don't usually feel like I really have free time.  Time that is not occupied by a particular task leaving me free to do whatever I choose and that is also not occupied by thoughts of "I really should be doing this right now; laundry, de-cluttering, spending more time with my kids, husband, neighbors, etc."  I am pretty good at wasting time, on facebook for example, but I usually go to facebook, or waste time in general, because I'm procrastinating or avoiding something I really don't want to deal with. 

Gretchen Rubin says that some free time is really good for us and helps us not feel the need to avoid difficult things so much.  This writing time is a little bit of that for me.  I'm exercising my brain and it feels wonderful! 

What other little things would I do with truly free time?

Read
Ride my bike
Talk to people
Sew
Take pictures
Drive around - to see and experience different things and places and also take more pictures.
Work on puzzles
Watch old movies

No comments: