Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Dance Class

Since I can't always come up with a topic to write about, especially in just a few minutes, I decided to turn to #52stories to give me some great writing prompts.  You can learn more about that HERE.

What is your earliest memory of feeling proud of yourself?

When I was 6, I think, I was able to take a dance class at Ricks College.  I remember being so excited for the recital.  I think I wore a blue leotard and I got to wear makeup!  We danced with hoola-hoops and I thought that was really cool.  I was especially excited that my family and even some extended family came to watch.  I also remember that my class was in the Kirkham building and one time my Mom was not going to be able to pick me up right after class so I was supposed to go to the next building over, the Spori, and go to Grandaddy's office to wait there.  She had shown me how to get there, but I remember feeling pretty proud of myself for getting there on my own.

No comments: