Thursday, February 23, 2017

One Kitten for Kim

I used to write about the books I had read, and I think that would be great to do again.  So I'm starting with One Kitten for Kim, by Adelaide Holl. 


I loved this book when I was a kid.  My parents still have it, and it made me so happy to see my kids enjoy it when we would visit.  I finally decided that we should have a copy too.  It came in the mail yesterday!  Spencer did not recognize it, so I was extra excited to read it to him.  Ellen did recognize it and sat down with us to listen.  That made me happy too.  It brings me a lot of pleasure when even my big kids will stop what they are doing, or even come sit down with me, to listen to what I am reading out loud.

Spencer liked it!  He liked all the kittens and the new pets as they came along.  He also liked being able to help me read the list of animals Kim was carrying in his wagon after every stop. 

No comments: