Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thrifting Fabric

I've been able to find some fabric at a couple of thrift shops lately! I love it when that happens.

These first two I found while shopping with my mom. There are over 3 yards of the pink princess flannel. And it only cost $1!!! I'm going to make some matching jammie pants for my girls. The blue one is actually a pillow case. It was also a dollar. I can't decide if I want to cut it up and use it in a fun quilt, or just use it as a pillow case. It was too fun to leave there. For now it's just sitting on the shelf.

This fabric I found at a thrift shop while James and I were on our little trip to Whidbey Island. This one is also over three yards worth. It was $1.25. I have no idea how old it is, but I love it. It will be fun to use in a quilt I think.

3 comments:

Chaney said...

I LOVE the princess fabric, your girls are going to look adorable in their new jammie pants!
And I vote the pillow case gets put into a fun quilt. It's too cute of fabric to be just a pillow case.

Autumn said...

It's funny that you post about fabric today, as I was just this morning looking at a little sundress of mine that has a wonderful pattern on it and thinking, " I wonder if Aimee would be able to use this much fabric, or if she only uses yards and yards of materials?" Judging by the pillowcase, I would say I have my answer. And that pillowcase ROCKS by the way. It reminds me of the Dr. Seuss book "McGillicutty's Pond" or somethingish like that. :) I also very much approve of the material you found on your recent trip to Widbey. Nice finds, Cousin!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I reeeally like the princess flannel. My daughter would adore it too. What a find!