Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday's Fix-up: Magazine basket and an Invitation

edited to add: skip to the middle of this post for the invitation to and explanation of Friday's Fix-up.

My kids started school this week so I chose a fix-up that wouldn't take too long. I think it took all of 15 minutes, but I had been putting it off for so long that it had become a dreaded task. Does that ever happen to you? I put some little thing off, once or twice or 50 times, and after all that putting off my perception of the task changes. It is no longer a little task. It is a huge ordeal! And then I really don't want to do it. So...I put if off again. UGHHH!!!

So anyway, today I tackled my overflowing magazine basket.

Before:
We don't subscribe to tons of magazines, but even a few magazines will pile up horribly if given enough time.

After:

So much nicer to look at!!!

HERE
I mentioned an invitation. I've been thinking about this for quite a while, and I think I'm finally brave enough to do it. Here it is: Would anyone care to join me in my Friday's Fix-ups? Next week I'm going to clean out my purse. It has been collecting junk for a very long time, and now that school has started our schedules are getting busier and I really need a cleaner purse. I may even wash it.


So clean out your purses, or choose some other thing in your home that needs a little attention and fix it up. Choose a drawer and reorganize it, clean out one shelf of a closet, get rid of old clothing, rearrange some furniture, or hang up a new picture. It can be something big or small. Whatever you feel like you can do this week. Then post about it on your blog and come back here next Friday and add your link to my post. We can all encourage each other in improving our homes. Sound good? If you don't want to post about it just leave a comment next week telling what you fixed-up. You can also use the Friday's Fix-up picture above to add to your post if you like. Just right click on the picture, then click Save Picture As and save it to your hard drive, then upload it to your post like any other picture. Maybe one of these day's I'll figure out how to make a button.

4 comments:

Chaney said...

I think I'll join you Aimee, I need encouragement to do certain things in my house. Much like you I procrastinate them until I just can't do it.

So, thanks in advance for the invite!

nanajohanna said...

Sure sweetie, I'll give it a try. And your basket looks great.

Lynsey said...

I would love to join you and I have so many "little" tasks that this will be great incentive to get them accomplished. The basket looks great.

Cathie said...

I could use the motivation of doing Friday Fix-ups. I'll try to join in!