Friday, March 3, 2017

More about the MC

While I was a student at Rick's, I lived with my Grandma and Grandpa.  Grandma worked in the catering office, which was in the MC, and she would pack my lunch every day and keep it in the fridge in her office so I could come get it when I wanted it.  Such a rough life, I know!  So, everyday I would go see her for a minute and get my lunch then go find someplace in the MC to eat and study.  I never did eat lunch with her though, and I'm not sure why?  I remember her having her lunch there and eating it at her desk sometimes, but I never stayed to eat with her.  Maybe because there were always people coming in and out of her office.

Sometimes I would eat with my friend, Brent.  We went to school together in 7-9 grades and it was fun to hang out with him again when our schedules lined up.  Most of the time, it was just me enjoying some quiet time and some good food.  One day I was sitting just outside the ballroom when then President Bednar and Elder Holland walked by.  Elder Holland smiled at me and said, "Hi."  That's my closest encounter with an Apostle.  It totally made my day!

No comments: