Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scones

The other day we ran out of bread and running to the store just wasn't going to happen. So I started making bread, which I usually do about once a week. But there was no way it was going to be done by lunch time and I had to feed my three younger children plus two friends. What to do? I made scones. I call them scones, I think some people call them fry-bread. They are flat pieces of bread dough fried in oil. Not very healthy, but they taste really good! Especially with some honey butter on top. So good! The kids ate them all up.


I'd really like to get some more quick lunch ideas. We eat a lot of bread and leftovers, and we like it that way, but it would be nice to have a little variety now and then. Or at least a back up for the next time we run out of bread.

1 comment:

nanajohanna said...

I've found that you can wrap almost anything in a tortilla. The kids might enjoy experimenting