A couple of weeks before Christmas I started sewing these squares. I've wanted to make a scrappy nine-patch quilt for a long time and I'm really excited to finally have started it. I've only got 15 squares done so far, lots more to go. When I made the first few squares, I tried really hard to match the colors. But as I pulled out more colors and bought a few remnants, I realized that I really like the mismatched squares. Like the purple and blue one. I'm going to try lots more variations now. When I do finally get the top put together, it will have probably a white sashing between the squares. Some of this fabric has been sitting stuffed in boxes for a few years now and so there are lots of wrinkles. Hopefully those will come out in the dryer later.