Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Incredible Journey

The journey I began almost three years ago, when I shakily climbed on my bike that day on Moscow Mountain, has taken a few twists and turns and has completely changed my life.  I would have told you, three years ago, that those particular twists and turns could not and would not have ever happened.  I suppose most people feel that way about much of their journeys through life.  It is amazing, the things you can learn!

What did I think couldn't happen?  How have I changed?  Well, I can do push ups now.  Straight body, chest to the floor.  Push ups!  I am a weight lifter.  I do dead lift, military press, squat, and bench press.  On Monday I dead lifted 190 lbs. 5 times in a row.  And I am a runner.  I can run miles at a time and am training for a half marathon. 

I am a different person!

No comments: