Monday, February 8, 2010

Come Join Us!



I learned about a super awesome postcard swap last month but was too late to get in it, so I'm hosting my own!

How it works: 50 families (one from each state) will swap postcards over the next year. Each state will have their own week and will send out 49 postcards, one to each state, during that week. We will go in alphabetical order of the states. I would like to start the first week of March. At the end of 50 weeks we will all have received a postcard from 49 other states!

To join: email me at adventures and pursuits @ gmail dot com
If you are interested, but your state is not on the list of states we need, send me an email anyway. With enough interest I will put together a second (or more?) swap. I don't want anyone to miss out!

!!!UPDATE!!! I have a list started for the second swap! Seven families so far! Keep spreading the word!!! Tell your friends and family, send emails, and post it on your blogs!
And a big THANK YOU to those who have helped in promoting this swap. I could not have done this without you!!!
***NEW UPDATE*** The list for the second swap can be found HERE. Thanks!!!
ANOTHER NEW UPDATE --- We have a third group started. The list is HERE. WooHoo!!!
I decided to add a 4th group!  Check HERE!!!

States we need:
North Dakota


The Button: Grab the button and spread the word!!!


Adventures and Pursuits





Things to remember: This is a family swap, a great way for kids to learn about the states. Postcards should be state themed. You can buy them or just make them yourself if you'd like to. The cost to send 50 postcards is $14. Did I miss anything? Please send me an email if you have any questions.

38 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Well, I'm in Utah, but it looks like you already have Ut on there. Sounds like fun!

Susan said...

Yeah very excited can't wait to do this with the kids.

Mindy said...

I posted it on my blog and will send out a few emails. Can't wait!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

We can do California...

valeriewitte@yahoo.com

Stacy of KSW said...

Hi Aimee,

I'm thrilled about this idea! I've been wanting to start a pen pal exchange for the kids and we've been working on learning our states so this will be such a great experience for us. Plus kids LOVE mail (and so do I) Please mark me down for Texas - I'll tell everyone on Kids Stuff World right away.

Stefani said...

Dang! Stacy beat me to it!
If you have enough to make two lists, count me in for the second Texas!

First time mom said...

I would love to do this...I'm in NC!

Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner Heather said...

Bummer... no colorado!
Have fun!

Ellen said...

Hi! We would love to send from Illinois! (I sent you an email.) -Ellen

GailP said...

I love this concept. We are in Alaska and we love to get mail. Sign me up! (I did send you an email:)
-Gail

Rachel T. said...

Do you still need Ohio? We'll do Ohio!

Rachel

Trying Traditional said...

Sent you an email, would love to be involved!

angela said...

We're in Virginia...we'd love to join in!

Nettie said...

I'm in for New York if you don't have a one already!

maria said...

I'm in for Massachusetts--I didn't see one for MA yet!

Kimmarie Baker said...

I heard about this from my friend, Patrizzia. I would like to join with my daughters for the state of New Jersey. Sounds like a fun learning experience.

Blue Yonder said...

Does this mean we're down for Texas????
I'll post about it on Monday, okay?

Anonymous said...

I would so love to do this, but I am in Ohio and apparently, its already taken. I don't have a blog so can't host my own. Hopefully another one will come up soon! This sounds like a really fun idea.

Patty in NE Ohio

Julie said...

Count us in for Arkansas. :)

Kate said...

I'd love to do North Carolina if you need someone.
Kate
www.thenewclassicalacademy.org

amy said...

I sent you an email. we from PA would love to be part of this:)
Thanks
Amy

Kimmarie Baker said...

Hi Aimee

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I can't seem to email you through blogger, something with my program. My address is

Kimmarie Baker
57 Columbia Street
Wood Ridge, NJ 07075

I am looking forward to this swap.

Thanks,
Kimmarie

jenni said...

PA looks taken but thanks for letting me know! This looks like a great idea for when my girl is a little older to understand states!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I see Florida is taken. How about the back-up list? Any room for Florida?

Stacy said...

Do you need Oregon for that second list? Daughter and I have a project to know the states this summer. This would be perfect!

Lucille said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe Connecticut isn't taken!!! Count us in for Connecticut!

If we're a go for it, email me and let me know the details:

isjalu0826ATyahooDOTcom....!!!

Thanks!!!

Lucille

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

We'd love to do NH! www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Jessica
Please email me with the details - I can't email you for some reason. jlanenh@comcast.net

Olivia Jean said...

I love this! Count me in for New Mexico (either list!)

oliviajeanphotography@hotmail.com

Amanda T said...

Just emailed you - we'd love to participate! Indiana

suzanne said...

you've got your kansas family right here if you still need one.
i emailed you.
cute idea!
www.kcjayhawk.wordpress.com

Amy said...

Just replied to your email. We would love to participate! You can mark South Dakota off of your list!

Stacy of KSW said...

Oops, I was wondering if you could update my address [I'm Texas] to read the Teet Family instead of my name. This is supposed to be mail for the kids, not for me :)

Thanks

Rosa Sierra said...

I'd love to join, is Puerto Rico in ???????? I'll send you an email..

Tanya said...

If anyone is still looking to participate in a postcard swap I started one because I know Aimee has 3 going! You go girl!
http://www.tanyapeila.com/2010/02/postcard-swap-join-us.html

kewkew said...

Just emailed you, in case you ever do another one and need someone from Pa. I do love this idea!

Anonymous said...

I would like to take part of this, but I'm afraid I can't 'cause I live in Spain...GREAT IDEA anyway!

compare it yourself said...

Hey man .You have done an awesome job.If you reopen any soon ,drop me an email .Thanks.

Annie said...

We will do North Dakota if it is still available. I sent you an email.