Monday, October 26, 2009

What kind of animal am I?

While organizing our games last week I came across a favorite. I made it a couple of years ago. Since it was out I thought I would take a couple of pictures and share it.


Without looking, everyone gets one card taped to their back.


Then we have to try to figure out what animal is on our back. We take turns asking questions. But they have to be yes or no questions. Things like,
"Do I live on a farm?"
"Am I a mammal?"
"Do I have feathers?"

The first person to figure out their animal wins. Everyone else still really wants to know what animal they are, so we just keep going till we are all done.

We love this game! It is great for Family Home Evening. Or for rainy/snowy/cold afternoons when the kids are bored. I also like it because the kids don't fight with each other while we are playing. They want to know what animal they are, but they also know they can't figure it out without help so they are as nice as can be.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love it!! That is such a great idea. Anything that makes the kids get along and not fight is a great idea.

Jocie said...

Just like on Courtship of Eddie's Father! Do you have a RAT in your game?

nanajohanna said...

That's a great idea Sweetie. One the kids will want to do over and over for years.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

What a great game! I might just have to do this at my daughter's birthday party. Thanks for the idea!