Friday, January 15, 2010

Fresh Air

Cough. Cough, cough, cough, ............. cough. That's what's been going on at our house. Since before Christmas, in fact. Everyone was coughing and no one was getting better and no one was sleeping, either.

(Isn't cough a funny looking word?)

This last weekend was especially rough. Monday came and the sun peaked out and the temperature got up to about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. It was beautiful! So I opened the windows. Every one. And the fresh air came pouring into our germ infested house. It was glorious! We all went around wearing sweaters and jackets and smiles. The clean air helped our bodies and our minds.


That night we slept. We slept well. I even had a couple of dreams.

We still have the occasional cough, but the worst is far behind us. I am so grateful for fresh air.

5 comments:

nanajohanna said...

You are so smart!

Heidi said...

Yes, you are really smart. What a cool sister I have. And I'm so glad you are all starting to get better.

an encourager said...

cough and rough... hope things are better soon! isn't it wonderful letting in the fresh air?? deeep inhale...

Lynsey said...

That is such a wonderful idea. I am so glad that you guys are getting better.

an encourager said...

Hi there... You mentioned on my post that you love Diamond Rio. I am done with the book and will happily mail it to you (media mail...slow, but inexpensive). If you want it, just send your snail mail address to encouraingforyou@gmail.com. :)