Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

Somehow the number 2010 always seemed very far away to me. It's rather strange that it is actually here. Maybe that's a good thing. I'm so surprised by it that I can't get it out of my mind and I haven't accidentally written 2009 on anything yet! I think that's a first for me.

I am excited for this new year. I want to write more. Hopefully that won't bore anyone to tears. I would also like to take more pictures. They won't necessarily go with what I write though. I think I just need to get into the habit of keeping my camera with me and making sure I have fresh batteries when I need them. Oh! I'm going to make a really awesome battery pouch like my friend Cathie did. One side holds fresh batteries and the other side holds dead batteries. Check it out HERE. It's so cool!

I'm not really making any resolutions for the new year. I'd just like to keep going in the right direction.

Going. That's pretty important. But at what speed?

If I go too slow, I'm never going to get anywhere. If I go too fast, I'm going to burn out and still won't get anywhere. I've been thinking a lot about a scripture in Mosiah (found in the Book of Mormon).

Mosiah 4:27 And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

This scripture reminds me of the Tortoise and the Hare fable. That's what I want for this year. To be a tortoise. Not the most remarkable or accomplished, but one that keeps going and getting a little farther all the time.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I think you are feeling exactly the way I am. I have such a hard time finding the right pace. I am always going too fast or too slow it seems. I am going to try and be like you and make like a tortoise. 2010 is going to be a great year, I know it!

Autumn said...

Totoises are so cute. I think I'll join you and the wonderful Heidi and see where our journey takes us! Happy New Year! We'll get there!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

A great goal! I am still fine tuning my goals for this year. The last few years I have been very successful with my "resolutions" but I think its because of careful planning and a desire to keep balance at the same time. I need to remember to take a page out of the Tortoise's book too!

nanajohanna said...

Thanks dear, for all you teach me. And for all that I already knew that you remind me of. And I think I'll have to figure out how to make my own version of the battery bag. Love you!

Sea Star said...

What a great scripture and mental story to use as the theme for the year. I too often feel like I am running and running and need to do things with more order so I don't have to be running.

Being a tortoise this year sounds so much easier than being a hare!