Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sing

Today in church I was sitting next to Kiddo and was listening to his voice as we were singing one of the hymns.  I really enjoy the alto part of that hymn, so I switched.  As we started the second verse I could suddenly remember sitting next to my Mom in church and listening to her sing the alto part of that same hymn.  I always loved listening to her sing hymns in church. 

I loved listening to her sing anything.  When I was little, one of my favorites was "Sing" by the Carpenter's except that I didn't know that they sang it.  I only knew that my Mom sang it.  Years later when I heard the Carpenter's singing it on the radio, I was a little sad to find out that Mom hadn't actually written that song.

Thank you, Mom, for singing to me.  I can't imagine what my life would be like if you hadn't. 

4 comments:

Judi said...

I love the Carpenters.

What a nice post! I love to sing.

I have a neat song, I will have to find the link though - we just came across it last week. I think you'd like it too. I'll get back to you with it (it is late and my husband is already asleep so I can't ask him)!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hello Aimee
I just found your blog today and I have really enjoyed my visit.
Thanks for sharing this song. It's years since I heard it and its such a lovely song.
Your postcard swap sounds great. I can imagine how exciting it is for your kids to get postcards from all the different states. I am in England and after a visit to the US last year my daughter started collecting the state quarters. She is having fun with that and learning about the different states too.
I would be happy to send you a postcard from London. I will e-mail you.
Best Wishes from England.
Lindsay

nanajohanna said...

Oh, my, goodness! You made me cry again. What am I going to do with you? Thanks for remembering things the way you do. I've always loved the alto parts of the hymns too. Love you, dear.

nanajohanna said...

I guess I should have watched the video before I posted a comment. Karen and Richard were some of my idols as a kid. I even got to see them in concert in about 1973. She was a great drummer, but her voice is still unmatched; as far as I'm concerned. That's a sweet video, thanks for sharing it. Love you!